Rotherham is a fairly relaxed club, but we do ask visitors to respect our rules and standard golfing etiquette to ensure their visit runs as smoothly as possible.
Although handicap certificates are not mandatory, we do prefer golfers to be of a sufficient standard for them to be able to enjoy their round and for them not to inconvenience other players when out on the course.
Please keep pace with the group in front of you and avoid slow play.
Switch off phones or select silent mode whilst on the course and/or in the clubhouse. They can be used for GPS purposes.
- Smart casual clothing and appropriate footwear must be worn on the course and in the clubhouse at all times, (no faded or ripped jeans).
- Shirts must be tucked into trousers on the course. Appropriate tailored shirts may be worn outside of the trousers / skirts only if they are designed to do so.
- Shorts must be tailored and must be worn with predominantly white sports socks of any length.
- The following items of dress are always unacceptable – untailored or sports shorts, T-shirts, tracksuits, denim jeans on the course, football/rugby type shirts, trainers/sandals unless ladies’ dress sandals or men’s leather sandals.
- Clean and dry outdoor clothing and golf shoes may only be worn in specified areas of the clubhouse.
- Notices and emails will be circulated when events require more formal dress, such as the New Year’s Eve Dinner Dance, the AGM and others.