We are pleased to announce that we are now looking for a new Club Professional. Gregg Roberts will sadly be leaving us next year in order to spend more well earned time with his family.
Club Professional - Job Description
Set in one of Yorkshire’s finest historic parklands, Rotherham has provided a true test of golf for more than a century. Open champions Sandy Herd and the revered course architect James Braid were behind the design of what is regarded one of the county’s finest golf courses, highly praised by the internationally renowned golfing stars Lee Westwood and our very own Danny Willett.
A friendly members’ club, Rotherham Golf Club enjoy the course and take in the tranquil surroundings. The refurbished Neo Gothic clubhouse.
Applicants must have previous experience of working in or managing a retail environment within the golf industry. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. Effective communication and presentation skills are essential as the role requires working closely across all sections of the club, including visitors and societies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Maintaining the successful operation of your own club shop and business
· Organising the club’s online booking facilities and being the main point of contact for visitors
· Always acting as an ambassador for the club
· Developing, organising, and managing the Club’s practice facilities
· Organising buggy/trolley hire through the season
· Ensuring competition responsibilities are carried out on competition days, club, corporate, society and open days
· Developing a coaching and tuition model at the club, including the ability to identify up-sell/cross sell opportunities to maximise revenue for both the club and candidate
· To always provide excellent customer service to members and visitors
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating your suitability and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact us on 01709 850466.
CLOSING DATE 30th OCTOBER 2022